In recent weeks, many music and wagering fans have switched from their usual cricket betting sites to start placing bets on whether or not rock icon Ozzy Osbourne will be back on the road any time soon.
Just weeks after postponing his tour dates in Europe for his No More Tour 2 and his hospitalization for a worrying upper respiratory infection, the Prince of Darkness has begun axing even more of his set tour shows.
The 70 year old musical icon and renowned reality star cancelled shows in New Zealand, Australia and Japan to buy himself some time to recover from his illness.
His wife and manager Sharon Osbourne recently revealed more in an official press statement, noting that Ozzy has developed pneumonia and has had to spend some more time in hospital for the time being.
In her statement, Sharon added that at time time, he was over the worst part of his illness – although he still had a long road to recovery ahead. She revealed that his doctors had advised him to stay at home and recuperate in peace for at least six weeks, with no travelling or touring in between.
Sharon Osbourne, aged 68, also shared an update on her husband’s health on an episode of The Talk earlier in February. At the time, she told the world that he was doing great, and that he was out of ICU and now breathing on his own. Naturally, her co-hosts Carrie Ann Inaba, Eve and Sara Gilbert, and Sheryl Underwood burst into rounds of applause alongside an audience full of his fans.
Sharon also thanked Ozzy’s fans for their ongoing support, reaching out to everyone who has sent the metal icon good wishes during his illness. She reported that he has been overwhelmed by the response he has received – although she said that for him, it has been “kind of bittersweet” as he has been sad to have missed his cancelled shows.
The devastating news of Ozzy Osbourne’s illness first hit headlines on February 6. It was then that Sharon announced over Twitter that her husband had been admitted to hospital due to what she called “complications from the flu.”
The day before that, Ozzy announced that he would be postponing the first four dates of his much-anticipated tour due to being ill. However, when the musician visited his doctor for a follow-up, he was immediately diagnosed with a severe upper respiratory infection.
Because of the heavy toll that touring takes on any musician’s body, not to mention his extensive travel itinerary amid dangerous winter conditions, Ozzy’s doctor told the star that travel was an absolute no-go. At the time, the medical professional feared that the infection could easily develop into pneumonia if not treated rapidly.
Later, in a statement to PEOPLE, Ozzy admitted that he was devastated to have postponed the European leg of his tour. He apologized profusely to his fans who have been extraordinarily loyal over the years, as well as to his crew, his band, and his tour’s appointed opening band, Judas Priest.
However, there was a silver lining: he promised that the tour would be completed, and so far, it has been rescheduled to start in September. Let’s hope for the best!